They also cover home sporting events, prioritizing event coverage by contact versus non-contact sports deemed highest risk by the NCAA catastrophic injury response rate.
An Athletic Trainer is a licensed health care professional helping to optimize activity and participation for student athletes. Athletic training encompasses:
- Injury/illness prevention and wellness protection
- Clinical evaluation and diagnosis
- Immediate and emergency care
- Treatment and rehabilitation
- Organizational and professional health and well-being
All Certified Athletic Trainers (ATC) must graduate from an accredited university that is recognized by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association.
Our Athletic Trainers work under the direction of our team physician, Dr. Patrick McDonough. Dr. McDonough is a sports medicine specialty physician. Our team approach to care is what makes our program so successful.