Fitness makes us healthier, stronger and more enduring. It gives us beauty, an attractive body, disciplines, and a good mood. With the exception of powerlifting, training in various fitness areas is often carried out in group exercises, so a charge of vivacity and positive emotions is guaranteed.
If you are going to do fitness, it is simply impossible to choose a suitable direction as there are dozens of fitness types. We will tell you how not to get lost in the fitness world and choose the right direction.
Six Types of Fitness Training
Types of fitness can be divided into several categories
- Weight training (bodybuilding, powerlifting, cycling) is aimed at increasing strength, muscle mass and building the relief of the body.
Power programs are perfect for those who decide to seriously work on their body. It will be difficult, but the result in such sports is most noticeable to the eye: the body will not only gain noticeable proportions and gain muscle, but it will also become stronger;
- Aerobic training (aerobics, step, barefoot, water aerobics) is “dance” training for muscle tone and weight loss, which is available to people with any physical condition. If you feel that you are in good physical shape, or you can not lift heavy weights for medical reasons, then aerobic training is for you. They give a boost of energy and vigor, which fits perfectly into morning or afternoon sports. You can do exercises on the steppe or barefoot (a hemisphere simulator), squats and dance elements with light dumbbells, energetic movements – in general, everything that keeps fit and helps control body weight. Train while relaxing;
- Dance direction (Zumba, pole dance, strip plastic, belly dance, body ballet) – work on posture, plasticity, flexibility, sexual curves of the body.
Dancing (especially Latin American) gained wild popularity around the world. Zumba, body ballet and pole dance are variations of well-known dance styles with an emphasis on sports. With this training you will kill two birds with one stone: support the body in excellent physical shape and also pump the skill of emancipation in dance. However, pole dance is far from being as simple as it seems – in order to climb the pylon and perform figures on it, one will need extraordinary strength;
- Body and Mind programs (yoga, aero yoga, stretching, qigong) are aimed at harmonizing the body and mind, body flexibility, breathing, coordination and balance, stretching and strengthening muscles. Your mind and body will merge together. No, you are unlikely to learn how to levitate (although there is talk that Indian yogis can do this too) but you can understand some secrets of your own mind and organism. If you believe that the Body and Mind direction is about lying and sitting on rugs in different poses, you are definitely mistaken. Try to wrap yourself in a knot, as a stretching teacher can do, and you will understand that it is not easy. Body & mind is the path to incredible flexibility and flexibility, coordination and proper breathing. You will learn how to strain and fully relax the muscles. It’s impossible to pump your muscles here but it is easy to lose weight;
- Health fitness (Pilates, shaping, gymnastics, “steady as you go”) – exercises with your own bodyweight that will not overload the spine and joints. This fitness type combines sets of exercises aimed at improving the flexibility of the body, strengthening both the body as a whole and individual muscle groups. As a rule, sports medicine classes take place in a calm rhythm, movements are smooth and flow into each other. Health fitness is also suitable as a sport after an injury;
- Water sports (swimming, aqua yoga, aqua boxing) are about the general strengthening of the body, work on endurance, breathing, skin health and the fight against excess weight. Swimming is a unique destination. It is recognized as one of the safest fitness types since it is almost impossible to get injured in water. At the same time, training in the pool works comprehensively: depending on the chosen direction, you can develop incredible endurance, strength, learn deep breathing, etc. Gentle training (aqua yoga) contributes to the most organic body recovery and rehabilitation after injuries. In the pool, you will quickly lose weight because swimming is energy-consuming.
None of us were born for just one sport or physical activity. Try different things, find the perfect fitness direction for yourself! A variety of training will bring only benefit, and the right combination will give explosive progress.